- IIL to set up new facility at Telangana plant(16:34)
Hyderabad, June 24 (IANS) Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL), a leading biologicals company, on Monday announced the ground-breaking of a new Sterile Filling Facility (SFF) in Genome Valley on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
- AES deaths: Bihar court orders probe into Ministers' negligence (Lead)(16:34)
Patna, June 24 (IANS) A Bihar court on Monday ordered an investigation into charges of negligence against Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and Bihar Health Minister Mangal Pandey that left nearly 150 children dead due to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Muzaffarpur district over the past fortnight.
- Here's everything you need to know about babies and skin rashes (Health Notes)(16:33)
Skin care for babies is an essential step in their overall health routine. Babies have delicate skin which is more prone to skin concerns than adults. A change in the weather also impacts their sensitive skin. Be it heat, cold, or the rain, each one impacts your baby in different ways. Heat rashes and diaper rashes are very common among babies, and the right care is required to manage these rashes.
- Home nutrition care keeps patient out of hospital(16:08)
New York, June 24 (IANS) Researchers have found that implementing a nutrition care plan at home for patients at risk for malnutrition had a dramatic impact on helping keep them out of the hospital.
- US shops often sell tobacco without checking age(14:28)
New York, June 24 (IANS) Those buying tobacco from shops in the US, especially small stores, are usually not asked for identification hence it is easy for underage users to buy cigarettes there, says a study.
- 5.5-magnitude earthquake hits Tokyo(08:30)
Tokyo, June 24 (IANS) Japan's capital Tokyo and its surrounding regions were hit by a 5.5-magnitude earthquake on Monday, although no tsunami alert was issued and no significant damage has been reported so far.
- MP to run 'Save Water' campaign, 'Water Cell' formed(01:26)
Bhopal, June 24 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh government will run "Save Water" campaign with the suggestions and involvement of common people. A state level "Water Cell" has also been constituted for the purpose.
- 31 injured in China earthquake(15:34)
Beijing, June 23 (IANS) Thirty-one people were injured after a 5.4-magnitude earthquake jolted Gongxian County in China's Sichuan province, authorities said on Sunday.
- Veggies also transmit superbugs to human gut: Study(14:20)
San Francisco, June 23 (IANS) Not just animal meat but plant-based foods are also serving as vehicles for transmitting antibiotic-resistant bacteria to the gut microbiome of humans, warn researchers.
- Greenland could lose 4.5% of its ice by century end(11:54)
New York, June 23 (IANS) Greenland could lose 4.5 per cent of its ice, contributing up to 13 inches of sea level rise, by the end of this century if worldwide greenhouse gas emissions remain on their current trajectory, warns a new study.
- Motherhood reduces breast size dissatisfaction(11:40)
London, June 23 (IANS) Motherhood teaches women to become comfortable with their bodies as they learn to focus on breast functionality as opposed to the aesthetics of breasts and the body, says a new study.