- New system of measurement units now operational(1 minute ago)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) The new System of Units (SI) to measure weight, temperature, amount of substance, and current came into operation in India from Monday on the occasion of the World Metrology Day, an official release said.
- Kakrapar nuclear power reactor to be synchronised with grid next week(21:36)
By Venkatachari Jagannathan
Chennai, May 20 (IANS) The first 220 MW nuclear power plant at Kakrapar Atomic Power Station (KAPS-1) will be synchronised with the grid next week and power generation will be increased after that, a senior official of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) said.
- Trai to focus on limited issue of regulatory imbalance between OTTs and telcos: Chairman(21:32)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Telecom regulator Trai on Monday said the scope of its consultation process on over-the-top applications (OTTs) is limited to examine if there are any regulatory imbalances between telecom service providers (TSPs) and OTT players and will see if it can come out with a regulation or recommendation or order on the issue in the next one month.
- What Google Android restrictions mean for Huawei(19:44)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) After Samsung, Huawei has the biggest share in the global smartphone market but it now faces a huge challenge after Google barred the Chinese giant from some updates to the Android operating system.
- Facebook releases maps to help fight disease outbreak(17:20)
San Francisco, May 20 (IANS) In a bid to fight disease outbreaks, Facebook has built new maps that can help its health partners better understand where people live, how they are moving and whether they have connectivity.
- Google limits Huawei's use of Android (Lead)(16:38)
Washington, May 20 (IANS) Google has barred Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system, dealing a major blow to the world's second-largest smartphone seller. It also means loss of Android licence for Huawei, forcing it to use the open source version of the operating system.
- Zomato offers discounts if you predict next PM(16:30)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Online food delivering platform Zomato has rolled out a new offer wherein customers need to predict the country's next prime minister ahead of the final counting on May 23 and win cashbacks on food orders.
- Ashok Leyland ready to ride on Elon Musk's India dream(15:08)
By Nishant Arora
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Tesla CEO Elon Musk who has been moving back and forth on his India dream for couple of years and unable to take the next big step now has an invitation from commercial vehicles major Ashok Leyland.
- 2 arrested for livestreaming voting on Facebook Live(11:58)
Mohali, May 20 (IANS) You must have read about people livestreaming suicides, shootings and other crimes on Facebook Live but police here have arrested two local leaders for uploading videos of casting their votes on the platform.
- Google restricts Huawei's use of Android(08:36)
Washington, May 20 (IANS) Google has cut phone maker Huawei off from some updates to the Android operating system, dealing a blow to the Chinese firm. New Huawei smartphones will also lose access to popular Google apps.
- Political hacktivism declined 95% since 2015: Report(18:28)
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Internet activism or hacktivism -- the subversive use of Internet-connected devices and networks to promote a political or social agenda -- saw a massive drop of nearly 95 per cent from 2015 to 2018, a new report has said.
- Facebook building its cryptocurrency in Switzerland: Report(17:08)
San Francisco, May 19 (IANS) Giving its cryptocurrency dream a firm beginning, Facebook has reportedly set up a company called Libra Networks in Switzerland that is developing payments and Blockchain systems for the social networking giant.
- TECNO CAMON i4: Some competition for budget smartphones(16:46)
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Keeping up with the trend of offering triple rear camera set-up on a fancy body, Hong Kong-based TRANSSION Holdings' subsidiary TECNO Mobile has launched a new smartphone CAMON i4 in the budget segment.