- Goa writes to Tokyo mission over Diamond Princess' Goan crew(22:48)
Panaji, Feb 25 (IANS) Narendra Sawaikar, Commissioner for NRI (non-resident Indian) Affairs in Goa, here on Tuesday, wrote to the Indian diplomatic mission in Japan to convey the anxieties of parents of Goan origin sailors, currently stranded onboard cruise ship Diamond Princess.
- Croatia confirms first case of COVID-19(18:36)
Zagreb, Feb 25 (IANS) Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic announced here on Tuesday that Croatia has confirmed the first case of COVID-19 infection.
- Special flight to repatriate Indians from Diamond Princess (Ld)(15:23)
Mumbai, Feb 25 (IANS) The Centre will send a special chartered flight to Tokyo on Wednesday to bring back the stranded Indians on the Diamond Princess cruise ship which is currently quarantined off the Japanese coast of Yokohama, an official said here on Tuesday.
- S.Korea ups anti-COVID-19 fight as cases near 900(12:50)
Seoul, Feb 25 (IANS) With the number of confirmed coronavirus cases nearing 900 on Tuesday, South Korea has vowed to maximize its containment measures in Daegu city and the neighbouring North Gyeongsang Province, where 724 infections were reported so far.
- Travel abroad? Make your will, be ready for 14-day quarantine(12:45)
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) In view of deaths caused by novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which has taken over 2,600 lives in China, the Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia and Oceania (CMAAO) issued an updated advisory for travelling.
- WH sends COVID-19 budget request to Congress(10:21)
Washington, Feb 25 (IANS) The White House has sent its $2.5-billion supplemental budget proposal for the country's fight against the fast spreading novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Apple reopens 29 stores in China for limited hours(09:53)
Beijing, Feb 25 (IANS) Apple has started reopening its retail stores in China and according to the company's regional Chinese website, 29 out of 42 stores were open for business on Monday, though under limited hours.
- EU announces $252mn aid package to tackle COVID-19(09:36)
Brussels, Feb 25 (IANS) The European Union (EU) has announced a new aid package worth 232 million euros ($252 million) to boost global preparedness, prevention and containment of the fast-spreading coronavirus.
- WHO team in Italy to review COVID-19 situation(09:16)
Rome, Feb 25 (IANS) A team of experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) has arrived in Italy to support authorities in understanding the COVID-19 situation in country which has reported seven fatalities and 229 infections.
- COVID-19 cases in Iran surges to 64 with 12 deaths(08:34)
Tehran, Feb 25 (IANS) The number of coronavirus cases in Iran has increased to 64, with 12 fatalities, a health official announced here, leading to a number of countries to close their borders with the Islamic Republic.
- 'Centre may air lift requirements of IT sector from China'(21:51)
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) Centre has offered to facilitate air lifting specific requirements of the IT and electronics manufacturing sectors from China amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, the Manufacturers' Association of Information Technology (MAIT) said on Monday.
- COVID-19: Italy shuts 10 cities, global stocks tumble(20:16)
Rome, Feb 24 (IANS) Global stocks, led by Italy, tumbled on Monday after the country declared a lockdown in at least 10 cities applying to nearly 50,000 people -- the first-ever in Europe -- in an effort to contain the biggest outbreak of the virus outside Asia, with 152 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 3 deaths.
- Devotees screened for COVID-19 ahead of Kartarpur gurdwara visit(17:12)
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said on Monday that devotees travelling to Kartarpur in Pakistan to pay obeisance at the Darbar Sahib gurdwara there were screened for novel coronavirus on the India-Pakistan border.
- Iran reports 12 COVID-19 deaths, 47 infected(14:25)
Tehran, Feb 24 (IANS) Twelve people have died in Iran due to the novel coronavirus, while a total of 47 persons were infected by the deadly disease, Minister of Health and Medical Education Saeed Namaki announced on Monday.