- Russia denies emergency due to missile launch failure(01:28)
Moscow, Oct 22 (IANS) The Russian Defense Ministry has denied a report that an emergency situation occurred during the recent Grom-2019 (Thunder-2019) drills, after one of its submarines failed to launch a ballistic missile.
- Facebook announces new tools to protect 2020 US elections(23:04)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) Stung by spread of fake news and privacy violations, Facebook on Monday announced several new tools to protect 2020 US elections from being manipulated by nation-state bad actors, and avoid the repeat of 2018 presidential elections hit by Russian interference.
- Women safety, air pollution apps win Marconi awards (Lead)(21:54)
Bengaluru/New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Two digital applications (apps) developed by Indian under-graduate students for women's safety and to check air pollution in Delhi on smartphones won Marconi Society annual awards for the good of humanity, an official said on Monday.
- Swiss VP meets Goyal to discuss ways to modernise railways(21:20)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Switzerland Vice President Simonetta Sommaruga on Monday called on Union Railway and Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal to discuss ways to boost cooperation between the two nations and to modernise railways. Sommaruga met Piyush Goyal in the rail bhawan here on Monday.
- BSNL revival plan expected in a month: Chairman(21:02)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) The government's plan on reviving telecom company BSNL is expected to be in the public domain within a month and 4G spectrum will be allocated to the firm by the end of this year, BSNL Chairman and MD P.K. Purwar said on Monday.
- Social media regulations to be ready by Jan 2020: Centre to SC(18:44)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) The Centre on Monday informed the Supreme Court that the entire process of finalising the laws on regulating social media will be completed by January 2020, while seeking three months more time for notifying the final revised rules in accordance with law.
- Facebook rolls out dark mode beta for web interface(18:26)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) Months after announcing its plans to give a design overhaul at the F8 Conference in May, Facebook has finally begun rolling out the dark mode in beta for its web interface for some users, the media reported.
- Madhubala's doppelganger takes social media by storm(17:46)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) A woman named Priyanka Kandwal has grabbed the spotlight on social media platforms such as Tik Tok, Twitter and Instagram for her resemblance to iconic Bollywood actress Madhubala.
- 84% Instagram users likely to shop from it: Report(16:56)
Mumbai, Oct 21 (IANS) Eighty-four per cent of Instagram users are likely to shop using the photo sharing platform, and Instagrammers spend most of the time on the platform in the evening between 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., a new report said on Monday.
- Jio's new 'all-in-one' plans include free IUC minutes(16:02)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Reliance Jio on Monday announced new "all-in-one" plans which are marginally cheaper than its existing prepaid plans and also include Interconnect usage charges for 1,000 minutes of outgoing calls.
- Vodafone Idea partners Red Hat to transform data centres(14:30)
Bengaluru, Oct 21 (IANS) Open source solutions provider Red Hat on Monday announced a partnership with telecom major Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) to transform its distributed network data centres to open standards, open interfaces based "Universal Cloud".
- Kik Messenger acquired by MediaLab, won't be killed now(14:30)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) A month after it was announced that Kik Messenger will be shutting operations, news comes that the platform is now going to live as MediaLab has acquired the popular anonymous chat app and has plans to invest in its future.
- Small-town India helps Snapdeal log 87mn visits in September(14:22)
Gurugram, Oct 21 (IANS) Snapdeal registered 87 million visits on its platform in the month of September as festive season began, clearly making it the third largest e-commerce player in the country after Amazon and Walmart-owned Flipkart.
- New 10.2-inch Apple iPad: Bigger, better yet in your budget(14:10)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) If you are a student or a creative pro and do not want to spend a moolah on a high-end digital screen to give your ideas new wings, Apple has brought a new seventh-generation iPad with 10.2-inch Retina display, Apple Pencil support, the fast A10 Fusion chip, advanced cameras and sensors for just Rs 29,900 in India.
- Amazon's 3rd party sellers shipping expired food: Report(14:06)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) In an apparent lapse in product quality checks, third party sellers on Amazon have been selling long expired food including old Hostess brownies and Teavana goods which were discontinued in 2017, the media reported.
- Instagram test helps you choose people to unfollow(13:00)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) Aiming to make it easier for users to manage the accounts they follow on Instagram, the photo-sharing platform has started testing a feature to group followers into categories, and help them choose users to unfollow, the media reported.
- Absence of Google apps hurting Huawei the most: Report(10:58)
Beijing, Oct 21 (IANS) Chinese smartphone maker Huawei has confirmed that the US sanctions were hurting it badly, especially the absence of Google's core Android software, Play Store and popular apps like Search and Maps on its devices.
- Facebook alerts people to vote on Maha, Haryana poll day(10:12)
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Facebook on Monday activated its election notification feature for India, requesting people to go out and vote for their candidates in the Maharashtra and Haryana Assembly polls and post that they have voted.
- Facebook set to launch dedicated news tab(09:54)
San Francisco, Oct 21 (IANS) Calling itself a 'Fifth Estate', Facebook has reportedly entered into deals with prominent media houses to launch a dedicated news tab on its platform.