- Home nutrition care keeps patient out of hospital(16:08)
New York, June 24 (IANS) Researchers have found that implementing a nutrition care plan at home for patients at risk for malnutrition had a dramatic impact on helping keep them out of the hospital.
- US shops often sell tobacco without checking age(14:28)
New York, June 24 (IANS) Those buying tobacco from shops in the US, especially small stores, are usually not asked for identification hence it is easy for underage users to buy cigarettes there, says a study.
- Motherhood reduces breast size dissatisfaction(11:40)
London, June 23 (IANS) Motherhood teaches women to become comfortable with their bodies as they learn to focus on breast functionality as opposed to the aesthetics of breasts and the body, says a new study.
- Nepal plans to include yoga in school curriculum(19:14)
Kathmandu, June 22 (IANS) The preparation of new school curriculum, which will include yoga, in Nepal is in the final stages, Neplese Minister for Education, Science and Technology Giriraj Mani Pokharel has said.
- Here's how you can click a better selfie(19:04)
San Francisco, June 22 (IANS) If you are not a pro in taking selfies, doing simple things like positioning your face slightly to one side can make your photo look much better, suggest experts.
- Give your home a twist with soft furnishings(16:40)
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Lifting the look of your house can be easy with a change or two in soft furnishings. Play around with a rug or throw in cushions to style it well, suggest experts.
- Working out at home as effective as gyming(13:12)
London, June 22 (IANS) If you are not finding time to hit the gym, do not worry. Researchers have found that working out at home not only saves your time, cost and access but also increases adherence.
- 1 in 4 women go on date for a free meal: Study(10:12)
Washington, June 22 (IANS) Call it new-age dating but nearly one in four women now go on a date not for the sake of romance or building a long-term relationship but grabbing a free meal, an interesting study has revealed.
- China celebrates International Yoga Day(20:06)
By Gaurav Sharma
Beijing, June 21 (IANS) China celebrated the 5th International Yoga Day with great enthusiasm on Friday as thousands of people performed postures of the ancient physical routine.
- Anita Dongre inspired by strong women(19:28)
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) Fashion designer Anita Dongre says she has faced numerous challenges throughout her career, but she always found inspiration in the strength of women around her.
- Yoga helps you age gracefully: Shilpa Shetty(16:58)
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) Actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra marked the International Yoga Day with a session with CISF, CRPF and NCC cadets and officials here on Friday, and urged people to make it a part of their daily routine for its many benefits.
- Adding vanilla makes milkshake seem sweeter(14:58)
New York, June 21 (IANS) If you want to cut down on added sugar, add vanilla to milk beverages as researchers have found that this flavour in sweetened milk tricks the brain into thinking that the beverage is sweeter.
- Bollywood divas who add star power to yoga(14:38)
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) What ties Kareena Kapoor Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Jacqueline Fernandez and Alia Bhatt together? Their love for yoga.
- International Yoga Day: B-Town celebs urge fans to practice yoga(14:34)
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) From veterans like Dharmendra and Hema Malini to younger actors such as Akshay Kumar and Bipasha Basu -- Bollywood celebrities, for whom fitness is a way of life, advocated the benefits of yoga on the occasion of International Yoga Day on Friday.
- Yoga yet to fully reach poor, tribal people: Modi (3rd Lead)(13:12)
Ranchi, June 21 (IANS) Urging people to make yoga an integral part of their lives, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that it hadn't reached the poor people and tribal belts of the country as much as it should have. He also gave the motto "yoga for peace, harmony and progress".
- Baba Ramdev announces first official memoir on Yoga Day(12:54)
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) On the occasion of International Yoga Day on Friday, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced his first official autobiography, titled "My Life, My Mission". It will release in August, the publisher Penguin said.
- Odisha observes International Yoga Day(12:14)
Bhubaneswar, June 21 (IANS) Along with the rest of the country, the fifth International Yoga Day was observed across Odisha on Friday, with yoga camps organised at several locations.
- Heartfulness meditation for living by heart(11:04)
By Mohammed Shafeeq
Hyderabad, June 21 (IANS) Tucked away from the hustle bustle of city life is a sprawling 1,400 acre campus with people craving for internal peace flocking to the global headquarters of Heartfulness system of meditation.