- NASA names Martian rock after 'The Rolling Stones'(20:18)
Washington, Aug 23 (IANS) The influence of "The Rolling Stones" has just extended from Earth to Mars, as the team behind NASA's InSight lander has named a Martian rock after the legendary music band.
- HPE-built supercomputer to help NASA land humans on Moon(17:02)
San Francisco, Aug 23 (IANS) After entering into a four-year, multi-phase partnership with NASA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has said it custom-designed a new supercomputer that will support the US space agency's Artemis programme, a mission to land the next humans on the lunar South Pole region by 2024.
- Researchers develop colour-changing 'chameleon skin'(16:46)
London, Aug 23 (IANS) Researchers have developed artificial 'chameleon skin' that changes colour when exposed to light and could be used in applications such as active camouflage and large-scale dynamic displays.
- Fish oil pills won't protect you from diabetes: Study(16:28)
London, Aug 23 (IANS) If you are popping fish oil supplements to protect yourself against diabetes, you may be mistaken. According to the researchers, Omega-3 fats have little or no effect on risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Need to undertake intensive work on potato: Himachal Guv(19:08)
Shimla, Aug 22 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Governor Kalraj Mishra on Thursday stressed the need to undertake intensive scientific research work on potato so that more and more farmers could be encouraged for its cultivation.
- Wipro, IISc to jointly innovate in robotics, 5G(14:46)
Bengaluru, Aug 20 (IANS) Global software major Wipro on Tuesday tied-up with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for advanced research and innovation in autonomous systems, robotics and 5G.
- India's Chandrayaan-2 on course to Moon(10:12)
Chennai, Aug 20 (IANS) The Indian space agency on Tuesday completed successfully the crucial orbit manoeuvre and put the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft into the lunar orbit.
- Twitter suspends 2 lakh accounts targeting HK protests(09:44)
San Francisco, Aug 20 (IANS) Twitter has suspended more than 200,000 accounts that were part of the Chinese government's influence campaign and targeted protest movement and the call for political change in Hong Kong.
- IIT-G researchers develop oil-water separating device(16:12)
Guwahati, Aug 19 (IANS) The researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati,(IIT-G) have developed two membranes that can separate oil and water. A IIT-G spokesman said the membranes -- super-water repellent in air, and super oil-repellent in water -- could separate complex mixtures of oil and water. The oil-water separation membranes could also be used in oil spill management.
- Jupiter still reeling from head-on collision 4.5bn years ago(16:32)
New York, Aug 16 (IANS) A colossal, head-on collision between Jupiter and a still-forming planet in the early solar system, about 4.5 billion years ago, has left Jupiter's core less dense and more extended that expected, say researchers.
- IIT Madras develops robot with good grasping capability(14:00)
Chennai, Aug 14 (IANS) Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) have developed a Multimodal Robotic System with good grasping, manipulation and locomotion abilities for use in industrial and field applications, the IITM said on Wednesday.