- COVID-19: Hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin mix dangerous for heart(19:03)
New York, April 3 (IANS) As the combined use of anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin to treat coronavirus patients gains momentum, cardiologists are advising caution because both medications can increase the risk for dangerous abnormal heart rhythms.
- Not all men idolise Western ideals of muscularity(18:06)
London, April 3 (IANS) Contrary to the common belief, non-Western men are generally less hung up about their body image and pursuing a muscular physique than their Western counterparts, reveals a study.
- Zoom CEO sorry as privacy, security concerns mar video meetings(17:21)
San Jose, April 3 (IANS) Video meeting app Zooms Founder and CEO Eric Yuan has apologized for the privacy and security issues or "Zoom-bombing" being reported in his app that has seen a surge in usage globally as people work from home during lockdowns.
- AI can predict corona patients' risk if they need ventilators(16:40)
London, April 3 (IANS) As companies the world over commit to make ventilators to meet the demand, researchers are now developing computer models based on artificial intelligence (AI) that calculate the risk of an individual patient's need for a ventilator or intensive care.
- World's largest radio telescope shut down(15:46)
Santiago, April 3 (IANS) The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA), the world's largest radio telescope, has temporarily closed operations due to the spread of COVID-19 in Chile, the observatory said in an announced.
- Over 10,000 arrested in Sri Lanka for violating curfew(14:54)
Colombo, April 3 (IANS) Police in Sri Lanka said on Friday said over 10,000 people had been arrested from across the country for violating an island-wide curfew which has been in place since March 20 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- When 3 species of our human ancestor roamed the Earth(14:11)
New York, April 3 (IANS) In a fascinating discovery that will force scientists to rewrite our species' evolutionary history, an international team has unearthed the earliest known skull of Homo erectus -- the first of our ancestors to be nearly human-like Ã¯Â¿Â½ which is dated to be two million years old.
- Apeiron's drug shows promise to fight COVID-19(13:47)
Toronto, April 3 (IANS) An experimental drug developed by Austria-based Apeiron Biologics has been found to effectively block the cellular door SARS-CoV-2 uses to infect its hosts, says a new study.
- Washington extends stay-at-home order till May 4(13:03)
Washington, April 3 (IANS) Washington state Governor Jay Inslee announced a month-long extension of his "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" emergency order till May 4 to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Most people think being vegetarian is for super health(12:50)
New York, April 3 (IANS) What motivates nonvegetarians to follow a plant-based diet? Most people who consider becoming vegetarian do so for their health, say researchers, adding that, environment and animal rights was less motivational.
- US economy to decline by 7% in Q2: Report(12:46)
Washington, April 3 (IANS) The US Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has estimated that the country's GDP will decline by more than 7 per cent in the second quarter due to the coronavirus pandemic, its said in a report.
- Lahore HC launches email system for bail orders(12:21)
Lahore, April 3 (IANS) The Lahore High Court (LHC) has launched a new âemail system for the district judiciary of Pakistan's Punjab province to send out bail orders to avoid coronavirus infection by following social distancing rules, a media report said on Friday.