- Agri machinery shops, truck repair shops on highways can now open(4 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) The Union Home Ministry, in an order on Friday, allowed shops of agricultural machinery and its spare parts to remain open during the national lockdown. Repair shops for trucks on highways have also been included in that list.
- B'luru police cars attend to commoners' emergencies(4 minutes ago)
Bengaluru, April 3 (IANS) The city police have deployed the department's 250 emergency response vehicles to attend to 4,500 requests from commoners amid the Covid-19 induced lockdown, a top police officer said on Friday.
- Modi, Netanyahu discuss ways to tackle coronavirus crisis(19 minutes ago)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday had a telephone conversation with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu as the two leaders discussed the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the response strategies adopted by their respective governments to the health crisis.
- Three people quarantine themselves in tent in Bengal(19 minutes ago)
Kolkata, April 3 (IANS) Three villagers in West Bengal's Nadia district spent days in a tent away from the human habitation to quarantine themselves after returning from Odisha in order to prevent the spread of Covid 19.
- Rajasthan records 46 new COVID-19 cases; total up to 179(25 minutes ago)
Jaipur, April 3 (IANS) Recording the highest number of corona positive cases in a day, Rajasthan on Friday reported a total of 46 COVID-19 cases including nine evacuees from Iran, which took the total tally to 179 in the state out of which 33 are Tablighi Jamaat members, confirmed health officials.
- Maulana Saad responds to Crime Branch's notice, denies wrong-doing(23:16)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Tablighi Jamaat chief Maulana Mohd Saad Kandhalvi admitted that the Delhi Police's Crime Branch has registered a criminal case against him and it had sent him a notice for questioning, while also responding to the charges against him.
- BJP invokes Vajpayee to make '9 baje, 9 minute' a success(23:08)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday invoked its mentor and former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee's iconic poem "Ao fir se diya jalaye" to promote Prime Minister Narendra Modi's campaign urging all citizens to light a candle at 9 p.m. on Sunday for nine minutes to show their solidarity with the fight against the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
- If I feel like sleeping, will do that: Mamata on PM's call to light up (Lead)(22:55)
Kolkata, April 3 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday described as a "personal matter" Prime Minister Narendra Modi's call to citizens to light a candle or diya on April 5 to show solidarity with the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, and said she would sleep if she felt like it.
- Government seeks to dispel myths on April 5 lighting appeal(22:50)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) After Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday appealed to people to light candle, diyas or even mobile flashlights on 9 pm on Sunday to show solidarity in the country's collective fight against the coronavirus pandemic, social media was full of videos and posts about the "scientific benefits" of venture.
- You have won me over: Gambhir thanks RCB(22:31)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Gautam Gambhir on Friday thanked Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) for acknowledging the contribution he made to the Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) Fund in the fight against the coronavirus outbreak.
- ICJ moves UNHRC against China for Covid-19 reparation(22:30)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) The International Council of Jurists (ICJ) and All India Bar Association have moved the United Nations Human Rights Council seeking compensation from China for "surreptitiously developing a biological weapon capable of mass destruction."
- Gujarat corona toll 9, total positive cases 95(22:28)
Gandhinagar, April 3 (IANS) One more person died on Friday in Ahmedabad due to corona virus infection, taking the death toll in Gujarat to 9. Till Friday, 95 persons have been found positive in the state.
- MHA sets up two new Covid-19 helplines(22:26)
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has introduced two new helpline numbers in its control room to help needy amid the coronavirus crisis.