BookMyShow smashes all previous records for advance sales with Dangal
- Establishes itself as the preferred partner for online movie ticket sales; sees a 40% increase in advance bookings compared to all previous highs this year
- Hits its fastest 1 million ticket milestone for an individual movie; already clocked sales over INR 20 cr
- Users transacting on BookMyShow also benefiting immensely from the on-going Blockbuster Week
Mumbai, December 23, 2016: Whether Dangal will shatter all box office records is still to be seen, but the Aamir Khan starrer has already received the highest ever advance opening on BookMyShow. The movie has witnessed approximately 40% more advance bookings on BookMyShow for the opening week as compared with other blockbusters that entertained movie buffs in 2016. And to top it all, BookMyShow has already hit its fastest 1 million ticket milestone for an individual movie with Dangal while already clocking sales over INR 20 cr.
BookMyShow is indeed the go-to-destination for all movie ticket bookings. India’s largest online entertainment ticketing platform is also running its popular Blockbuster Week until December 25th as part of which it has lined up a host of offers with its valued partners FreeCharge, Chevrolet and Yatra.com. Anyone who transacts for a minimum of two movie tickets (in one transaction) between 17th and 25th December, can use the offer code GET150 and get Rs.150 off or 50% off on the transaction value, whichever is lower.
Among other benefits:
- All users who use the code GET150 also get an assured flat discount of Rs.600 off on domestic flight tickets booked on Yatra.com
- Users who pay for the balance amount using their FreeCharge wallet, get an additional cashback upto Rs.100, into their FreeCharge wallet
- All BookMyShow users, who transact using the offer code stand a chance to win a brand new Chevrolet Beat, and all expenses paid holidays to Dubai trip from Yatra.com
Ashish Saksena, COO-Cinemas, BookMyShow said, “We were expecting Dangal to do very well at the box office but this kind of traction is unprecedented. Dangal has not only received great reviews but has indeed worn off any after effects of the recent demonetization on the Indian film industry. Users are also benefiting in huge numbers from the ongoing offers of the BookMyShow Blockbuster Week, indeed making us the most loved movie ticketing platform. We also expect to contribute significantly to the overall opening weekend collection of Dangal.”
BookMyShow, (Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.), is India’s largest online entertainment ticketing platform that allows users to book tickets for movies, plays, sports and live events through its website, mobile app and mobile site. Founded in Mumbai (India) in 1999 and launched in 2007, BookMyShow is now present in over 400 towns and cities across India, currently meeting the entertainment demands of millions of customers. For more information, please visit www.bookmyshow.com.
Kapil Daryani: +91 9987210099 | email@example.com
Natasha D'souza: +91 9867388748 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Purvi Rambhiya: +91 9769765784 | email@example.com